Tuesday, April 12, 2011

After Two Weeks of Whiskey I Need a Drink.

We've had a houseguest over the past couple of weeks: Whiskey, my friend Whitney's dog. Whitney went back to the U.S. a little over a month ago and couldn't bring the dog with her at the time, so he stayed behind for the time being. His living situation wasn't the best, though, so she asked me to take him for a little while and help her get him to the states. So, here he is. In my house. Right here.

He's a cute puppy. He's a big guy for 10 months and he's an absolute lovebug. He wants to be on your lap or licking your face every second of the day, which is cute at first. At first.

And then, when you've had enough of the kissing and need to get on with things, he eats your shoes in retaliation for leaving him. Or your welcome mat. Or the butter in the kitchen.

But for a puppy, he's one smart little guy. He's very trainable (hint, hint, Whit) and eventually listens to us when we command him. I'm just not really in the mood to do a lot of training (and for those of you who know my dogs at home also know that I'm not very good at training -- but Sam and Stella are not the easiest dogs to train!)

Hum and Whiskey

So tomorrow Hum and I take Whiskey to Lima (by plane) and ship him off to Whitney in Detroit. Poor Whiskey has no idea what's in store for him the next couple of days and I feel horrible about it. He's finally into a routine here, eating his food regularly, happy, etc. I'm glad to send him off (I just don't want a dog here) and I get solace knowing that however traumatic this trip will be for him, when he gets to Detroit his mommy will be there waiting for him. He will lose his shit. Probably literally (enjoy cleaning that up, Whit!).

And after we spend a couple of days in Lima buying some furniture for the restaurant, Hum will go back to Cusco to continue working on the business and I will head to the U.S. for 10 days. This wasn't a planned trip until this weekend when, after a huge fight with Hum, I realized that I needed to get away for a little R and R and gain a little perspective. I'm homesick at the moment and my body is achy. I need massages BADLY and a little Sam and Stella time. And I need to see my mom. And after that, I'll be OK and ready to jump back into Cusco!

Aaaaaand I'm also pleased to announce another new addition to the house. And I think I love it more than my blender. It's our new water tank, which means we have water ALL DAY. I'm so spoiled.

The new love of my life

Photo taken at 2pm! We have water at 2pm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment