Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tying It Up All Nice With a Bow

This, for now, will be my last post on this site. It isn't my last last posting, but this chapter is now over and the next one is already unfolding.

I'm home from Peru. For good. Certain factors, including 2 months of being sick with Salmonella (and other maladies), the constant feeling of being cold and the realization that I was no longer in Peru for myself prompted me to buy a plane ticket and leave.

Without airing dirty laundry here, I'll tell you that my relationship with Hum was a beautiful one. He taught me a lot about myself, including what I will and will not accept from a partner. We weren't meant to be together anymore -- and truthfully, I found myself staying there more and more just for him. That could never work for me. So, we parted ways with love and fond memories.

The restaurant is now completely in his capable hands. He's going to do some wonderful stuff there, so be sure to stop by if you're ever traveling through Cusco!

And as for my career, it was time to really get back to what I live and breathe for: Massage. I hadn't been able to practice the way I wanted to in Peru -- there were so few people to learn from and with the restaurant keeping me so busy I barely had time to see clients. So, that had to change, too. But that was a part of the bigger change that had to happen. It was time to leave.

And so I did. A few weeks ago, I packed my bags (well, Jess, Maria and Niki packed my bags -- I'm a horrible packer) and shipped out. I landed in Miami, spent a week there with my family, took care of some medical issues and flew back to Connecticut with my mom when she and her boyfriend got back from their cruise. New England has always been my home -- even after 15 years of living in DC -- and it's good to finally know I'll be living there. I'd missed my mom and knew that it was time to live closer to her, so change is now underway!

And so here's the plan (for now): I'll be living in New Haven, CT, for now and will be setting up my massage practice there as well. I will be making frequent trips/visits to DC to see my clients (and dogs) there and hopefully start teaching again.

My next visit down to DC will be the last weekend in October (I'll send out an announcement to all clients when I have studio space secured to start taking appointments).

So, in a nutshell, that was Peru. But you know as well as I do that this past year will never be "just Peru." My life has changed beyond words and I have grown into someone I completely love. And everyone who has helped me get there -- both in Peru and back here in the states, you have my extreme gratitude and undying love. You are all rockstars.

No comments:

Post a Comment